Benefits of Vehicle Tracking
Top 10 Fleet Tracking Benefits
1. Fleet tracking systems can help to reduce running costs by specifically targeting those who speed and waste fuel. By focusing upon these drivers it is possible to not only reduce fuel and maintenance bills, but to also reduce insurance premiums.
2. By using a system’s automatic mileage reminder it is possible to reduce time wasted through vehicle maintenance. In addition, by having a service that ensures your vehicles are regularly serviced means that resale values for the fleet will also be higher. It can also help to avoid penalties for issues such as bald tires and tax as reminders are clear and precise.
3. Some insurance companies will offer around a thirty percent discount to companies who implement a GPS vehicle tracking system. This is not only because it encourages safer driving, but also helps recovery if thefts do occur.
4. Productivity of workers can be increased by being able to keep track of lunch hours, exposing unauthorized stops and breaks and by evaluating the overtime requests of workers. By having detailed information on the whereabouts of vehicles at all times, it is far easier to keep an eye on employee activities.
5. GPS devices help businesses to become more customer friendly. For instance, a cab company that is using a vehicle tracking system can tell a customer exactly where the nearest cab is and give a realistic estimate on how long it will be.
6. Business owners can find their most productive employees and use this information to implement further training or even a system of bonuses to enhance staff members’ work ethic.
7. Vehicle tracking systems will vastly reduce your supervisory time as it is no longer a necessity to constantly call employees to find their location.
8. By having all the relevant information on one screen, those running the software have easy access to answer inquiries rapidly and accurately.
9. GPS systems reduce the amount of paperwork that drivers must fill out. By doing this you not only soften the blow of introducing such a system, but also increase the accuracy of your records.
10. By having detailed information on the whereabouts of all employees, business owners are far more in touch with their business operations. Meaning they have greater levels of control over their company.
These ten reasons are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the benefits that ExpressTrax tracking software can bring. If you run a fleet based business, it is about time to consider bringing your operations up to date, making use of advanced technology to not only improve your operations, but also efficiency and profitability.
There are many benefits to using vehicle tracking technology in order to keep an eye on rental vehicles. Of course, vehicles that have been stolen can be increasingly difficult to locate. But, tracking technology makes it much easier to locate the vehicle and possibly lead to the criminals being caught. These systems also feature remote vehicle immobilization in the event that the vehicle is stolen. The ability to remotely monitor a cars mileage can also help to assist with de-fleeting and maintenance at selected intervals.
These tracking systems can also help to ensure that the vehicle does not enter restricted areas, such as crossing borders or across state lines, where they are not permitted to go as per the rental terms & conditions. These systems can allow management to better analyse their cost efficiency and highlight bad driving practices, which could present substantial risk to a rental company’s profitability. Accelerometers fitted in many units now allow the operator to be notified when a vehicle has an accident or impact however minor. This not only enables them to inform emergency services if required, but also to better manage any associated damage claims. Additionally, they can help rental companies to cooperate with police investigations, providing detailed records of where the vehicle was and when it was there. For this reason, tracker units need to be installed in concealed locations within the vehicle or installed in duplicate, as car thieves are becoming increasingly savvy at removing devices once they have possession of the car.
Did you know a teen getting a speeding ticket for just 20 mph over the limit could result in a $3,000 increase in auto insurance. Did you know motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for people 15 to 20. Speeding has been a factor in over 37% of crashes involving 16-18 year-old teen drivers.